Combient is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our team and help build a data-driven ecosystem in the Combient sphere. Our mission is to be the number one enabler of Machine Learning and AI for 30 companies in our family.
We work with some of the largest companies in Sweden and Finland that span a wide range of industries, you will be able to apply your experience, skills, and creativity on a broad scale. You will have the opportunity to study and analyse a wide range of problems from the Internet of Things (IoT), to inventory sales, pricing, and customer churn.
You will build data-driven solutions to transform how the industry operates. You will take on complex data-related problems using state-of-the-art data processing technology and some of the most diverse datasets available.
What you’ll do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Apache Spark, Amazon AWS, Google Cloud, and Microsoft Azure.
- Take a prototype and build a scalable and production-ready form that can be used on a daily basis.
- Help drive optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with other engineers, Data Scientists and stakeholders, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
Who you are
- You know how to work with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop and Apache Spark.
- You have experience with designing highly-available and scalable datasets and data pipelines.
- You are knowledgeable about data modelling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- You care about high-quality and maintainable code and want to have diversity in the kind of problems you solve.
Bonus if you have experience with:
- Consultancy or similar customer-interfacing roles
- Industrial systems and predictive maintenance (PdM)
- Implementing machine learning models and complex systems at scale.