We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our team and help build a data-driven ecosystem in the Combient sphere. Our mission is to be the number one enablers of Machine Learning and Data Science for 30 companies in our family.
We work with some of the largest Swedish and Finish companies that span a wide range of industries and you will be able to apply your experience, skills, and creativity on a broad scale. You will have the opportunity to study and analyze a wide range of problems from within domain specific operations, marketing and pricing, text processing, etc. You will be able to use your skills to build ML models and carry out statistical analyses to take our group further. You will also have a chance to help the companies in our group to foster a data-driven culture and organization.
What you will do:
- Build machine learning and statistical models to gain insights or advance efficiency.
- Help realize new business models through data and analytics.
- Research, implement and build solutions for some the most complex problems out there.
- Work with a set of problems in areas such as computer vision, natural language processing, and time-series analysis.
- Assist in translating business problems to well-scoped and defined data science projects.
- Help our companies realize and scale your solutions to become data-driven at scale.
Who you are:
- You have a degree in a quantitative science (such as e.g. computer science, statistics, mathematics, econometrics, physics, electrical engineering or similar).
- You have experience working as a Data Scientist in a fast moving environment
- You have a great understanding of business and the drivers of it which can be used for analyses.
- You have the technical competence and maturity to perform advanced analytics, and to simplify and break down complex problems.
- You are not afraid of mistakes and can learn from them
- You have coding skills in at least one high-level language (such as Python, R, Julia, or Scala)
- You have experience of developing projects in a notebook environment (e.g. Jupyter, Zeppelin, Databricks)
- Analytics tools experience (such as sklearn, pandas)
- Experience of performing analyses with large datasets
- You are a self-driven person who is capable of tackling very loosely defined problems
- You are a communicative person that values building strong relationships with clients and stakeholders and have the ability to explain complex topics
- You are a highly motivated person with strong enthusiasm and ability to create long lasting relationships
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
Bonus if you have experience with
- Experience of working with AWS, Azure or GCP
- Spark and understanding of distributed computing
- Time-series analysis, causality and root-cause analysis, deep learning
- Computer vision and pattern recognition
- Experience of working with relational and non-relational databases.
What we can offer you
- Join a fast-moving, ever-growing team consisting of 30+ talented data scientists, machine learning engineers, and data engineers with very diverse skill sets.
- Strong support from the team and the company for your growth
- Close ties to academic research (two of our data scientists are sharing their time with academic research and teaching).
- Access to a unique industrial network composed of some of the major Swedish and Finnish industries that are committed to face the AI transition together.
All applications should be in English.
We do not accept applications through recruitment agencies.